These chicken drumsticks are one of the most family friendly drumsticks you will find. With a cracker and cheese crumb coating they will please even the pickiest eater. (Where did that expression come from? They obviously didn’t have a super picky toddler who just had to look at food to decide that they didn’t like it!) You get the point though – they are really tasty!
I used Glutino Gluten Free Crackers but you can use any savory crackers such as Ritz, or perhaps even trying your own homemade sesame crackers. Do a search over at Foodgawker, and you’ll find lots of sesame crackers which would taste wonderful for this recipe/
One of the things I really love about this recipe is that it is easy and quick to make. With only 10 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes in the oven – you have dinner ready in just 30 minutes. That’s my kind of meal on a busy night.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 oz savory crackers
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan chesse
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a Ziplock bag, crush the crackers to a medium fine consistancy.
- Add the sesame seeds, paprika, cheese, parsley and garlic to the Ziplock bag and shake to combine.
- Brush each drumstick with the melted butter and then dip the drumstick into the cracker coating. Press the coating firmly onto the chicken drumsticks, then place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check that the meat is cooked by cutting a drumstick at the thickest part and ensure there is no pink or when a meat thermometer reads 165°F.